Sunday, September 23, 2012

day 86

Today wasn't too terribly interesting.  We had two brand new people at youth group, as well as several people who haven't come in a long time, so that was really exciting and encouraging to see. :)  Even though there were many encouraging things that happened at our church today, our church is still going through a pretty rough time, so if you'd remember to lift us up in prayer (especially our pastor and his family), it would be very appreciated.

Anyways, on a much more personal, like, "my life" basis...not a whole lot has happened the past two weeks. Well, I mean...a lot has happened, but...how interesting is "our teacher didn't put the assignments up 'til late" or "I had a test today" really?  So I suppose, really...nothing particularly interesting has been happening lately.  Last weekend, I switched shifts (for the day) with one of my friends 'cuz he had a meeting, so I had to work through lunch, but not through dinner.  That was kind of an interesting change of pace.

And work last night was REALLY interesting.  I thought it was gonna be really crazy because we were short several people.  But somehow, it ended up being okay despite that; probably because we have a really good  crew on Saturday nights.  Of course, I didn't help things much by making a pretty rookie mistake, and feeling extra dumb for it.  I made some waffle batter, and put into the waffle batter dispensers.  BUT, i forgot to put the plug on the spout before I poured it in.  So, essentially, I just poured half a bucket of waffle batter on the counter. ...which dripped on the bottom shelf, and all over the floor.  Obviously, I didn't take a picture of THAT....but after I kinda sopped most of it up with paper towels, and kept it from making a bigger mess...I did take a picture of it.  So, please enjoy this picture of my oopsie:


...and you can't really tell, but I kinda dripped it all the way back to the sink. ..if you can't tell where that is...it's at the far end of that table.  ...it was fun mopping it up at the end of the night. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment