Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 81

Today...the beginning of a 3-day weekend. :)  Weekends are nice; I don't have to get up early for work, so I slept in 'til almost noon.  and then we ate lunch, and planned some stuff for youth group  (so any youth-group kids out there: come tomorrow; it's gonna be good. :) )  Then Husband and I went to the library to get some movies ('cuz it's a three-day weekend and we'll actually have time to watch them), and then well, then I had to go to work.

I usually don't mind work so much.  In fact, most of the time, I quite enjoy it.  However, last Saturday was ROUGH.  like, nine kinds of rough.  and then this week, it kinda started out the same way, and I was convinced we were gonna be stuck there 'til 11 or something ridiculous again (and yes, we actually were there until 11:15 last week).  But people are getting the hang of their jobs; we had better workers; we managed stuff better than we did last week...the garbage disposal didn't break....I don't know what the ultimate cause was, but we ended up getting out a tad after 9:30, which is when we really should be getting out, so that was wonderful. :)

And the explanation of today's picture:  A few years ago, I got one of those "CUSH" pillows.  and I really like it; it's pretty comfy and fun to play with.  But, it was recently discovered that it's been leaking some micro-bead-stuffing-stuff.  So, we decided that rather than just throw it away, we'd just get some fabric and cover it up.  So, 1- HGTV is right -recover stuff if you can.  I paid $2.25 for the fabric and sewed it up in well under two hours (by hand...if you had a sewing machine...it'd have been like 2 seconds.)  and 2 - here is my newly covered pillow:


No comments:

Post a Comment