Sunday, January 13, 2013

January 13, 2013

Merry Christmas and happy New Year!  I should have lots of pictures from my break, as it was a pretty interesting on, but...I forgot to take my camera charger, so it might not have worked out for me to take many pictures anyways.  But now I'm back home, and that's not an excuse, so....this might work out a bit better now. Also, in attempt to kinda make up for the super long absence of any sort of post at all, I have two pictures/stories for the day.


In the school cafeteria, the napkin holders have special nutrition notes on the side of them.  Tonight at dinner, I realized that one of the current notes is this:


I thought this was kinda funny because it reminded my of a story my parents told me while I was home.  My brother suggested that they (my parents and brother) go out for Indian one night, and so they did.  Dad's not super into really hot, spicy food, but decided he'd be able to find something to eat.  So apparently, he goes to this buffet and eats everything (except for the mildest thing they served) and burns everything in his mouth at least twice.  And then it was time for dessert.  So he decides he likes pickles, so he'll try the pickled carrots.  Turns out, in India, they pickle carrots in peppers (I believe is what they said), so it was REALLY hot, instead of normal pickle flavor like he was expecting.  


This is the picture of the other story I have to tell.  I know the pictures on the TV screen are really kinda bad (but you try to take a picture of your TV.)  Anyways, there are two things you need to know for this picture to make sense, and actually be kinda funny.  One, I go to a Christian University, which one of the things I appreciate about is their standards for television and movies and stuff (which is to say, you could get in pretty big trouble for watching something really inappropriate, but they don't *really* care if you watch kinda inappropriate stuff in your room or own your own, but they won't like, endorse the showing of those television shows or movies or whatever.)  And the second is what this picture actually is.  In the student center building, they have two televisions in the main hallway, usually showing newsheadlines and stuff.  The TV on the left is showing CNN; the TV on the right is Family Guy (or something like it...it WAS Family Guy when we went into dinner).  Anyways, I just thought it was funny to have that be showing on the school televisions like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment