Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 23, 2014

Well, that's just a silly picture to go with this post.  We've had an interesting week:  mood swings and tantrums with the boys, shuffling schedules around at the last minute, and some guests to our cottage.  That last bit worked out really well for me; I ended up not having to cook the last two days we were on duty this week!  And, in the extra time I had with not cooking, I got to do some other stuff that's been needing doing, looks putting up curtains in all the boys' rooms.

And now it's our weekend off.  We took an extra day, so we could make the drive up to our college and see a lot of our friends before they graduate and stuff.  Last time we came up here, the weather was horrendous.  The rain was so thick, it was hard to see the road for at least half of our drive.  This time, visibility was MUCH better.  But, it's also VERY cold.  It's currently like 1 degree, and I think the high for about the whole time we're planning on being here is something like 12 degrees.  (I'm also very thankful for the gloves and ice-grippers I got for Christmas! :-)  ).

And another thing that I've been thinking about lately.  How can we show that we're Christians in everything we do.  I mean, the "church answers" would be stuff like pray often, speak kindly, don't let yourself get into compromising situations (or, have integrity).  But like really...in EVERYthing...how do you do that?  How do you bring glory to Him while making dinner?  Or while setting up your budget (or just paying bills, or anything else having to do with family finances?) Or any of the other things we do every day, where we tend to really just check out and do what's expected, or what we need to? 

Anyways, hopefully I'll be back in a few days to tell you how our trip was.  If I don't, maybe I just froze to death ;-) .  God bless, and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment