Tuesday, August 28, 2012

day 79

Well, today I got every college kid's dream:  THREE packages.  THREE!  for the kid who still gets excited about getting a box, when she already knows it's a textbook she ordered.  But actually, it was really exciting (even though I mostly knew what was in them).  My mom sent us some stuff to use for our youth group, and I somehow got it in my head that she was sending us the student versions of the book, but she actually sent the full version.  Which is cool, because we'd just been talking about how the full version is much deeper than the student version, and more likely to hold the kids' attention.  PLUS, it came with some other books that I've been thinking about lately, and am pretty excited to read. :D

Otherwise though, my day was pretty normal and unexciting. I worked a lot and went to classes, and got ahead on some homework.  Two of my classes are cancelled for this week due to some family issues for the professor.  But I've gone through all the power points and things he left for us to study in his absence, so I'm done with both of those for the week too.  So basically, classes haven't *quite* gotten into full swing yet, so I'm taking advantage of the extra time by trying to get ahead, so I can stay ahead. :)  Work on the other hand, is less stressful when it is in full swing.  We're still working on getting everyone trained and settling shifts and everything, so hopefully in a week or two, we'll be able to be done closer to 9:30 than 10. but until then, I guess it's an extra $4 for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment