Friday, March 28, 2014

March 28, 2014

Wow, it has been a long time.  Well, update on the Ranch front:  things are going well.  We've had a lot of changes in population.  And that's Ranch-wide, not just our cottage.  We've gotten a lot of new boys.  In fact, the population in our cottage has gone from 2 residents, to 5, and then landed at 3 (for now), and in the midst of all that, we've had a boy who's been visiting every other weekend or so.  (so yes, we got all the way up to 6 kids in our cottage one weekend - ack!)  And then, because of a home pass, this weekend we're down to one kid (for today, at least).  And that's probably the best sum-up of Ranch life - always interesting, and never predictable.

Of course, this busy-ness has kept Nathan and I on our toes - usually we pretty much just sleep or watch TV on our weekends off.  Actually, come to think of it, we've kept pretty busy our past few weekends off (maybe that's why we feel so busy while we're on duty!).  We've gone to see shows in Branson, hungs out with friends, and last weekend - we were crazy and saw 5 movies in one weekend (Muppets Most Wanted, Peabody & Sherman, The Lego movie (not for the first time), God's Not Dead, and Divergent ).  Though, in our defense:  two of those were shown as a double feature at a drive-in movie theater - two movies for $5/person!  you can't pass that up, even if you have already seen one of them (...more than once. :) ).

And despite that busy-ness, I've really been convicted of laziness lately.  It seems that I'll get up, create a list of things I should do (and not even a terribly ambitious one!  just like, excercise, shower, clean the house (for at least 5 minutes), and spend time with God.)  And a 3 hour nap, two TV shows, an unexpected errand, and a pity party later - I've done none of it, the kids are coming home, and I won't get a chance to do it.  Isn't that terrible?  Or maybe it's not laziness, maybe it's self-discipline.  Either way, I need to step up my game and spend my time doing more important things.  (I mean, I DO love Late Night with Seth Meyers, but...at the end of the day, does it matter more if I've watched all of his shows, or exercised daily?  And at that, does it matter more that I've exercised daily, or spent time in God's word daily?  And unfortunately, the way I spend my time shows that none of those are very important, but Seth Meyers is up there.)

But the two big things I'm excited about right now are this weekend - we're taking everyone at the Ranch up to a theme park for Christian concert/rally thing.  (I'm SUPER proud of my husband for finally riding a roller coaster, but I know not to try to squeeze much more out of him (at least just yet ;) ).  But thankfully, one of the boys in our cottage (not just at the ranch, but in our cottage!!) is excited to go on all the crazy flip-upside down, go-backwards, roller coasters.  So guess who gets to do it with him (points at self and mouths, "ME." :D)  Also, SOON I will finish a quilt I'm making for a friend.  It's star-wars themed and will bring lots of masculinity to his home (which has two young girls, his wife, and himself, so it's in need of an extra dose of masculinity), and I'm super excited to finally be able to give it to him.

And...I guess that's pretty much my life right now.  Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment